Friday, June 24, 2011

Off to the Bugeater GT!


So when this goes live I'll either be on the road or will have just arrived in Omaha, Nebraska for the Bugeater GT. I'm splitting a room with InquisitorDunn who posts on here from time to time and another one of his buddies who is gonna pull cot duty all weekend.

This is a 6-game 1,850 tournament that has the winner being determined by overall record for the weekend. It's strictly win/loss. However, much like the Nova it's based after, the second highest award (pretty equal really when you look at the prize support) is for the "Overall Winner". This is 50% battle, 25% Sports, and 25% Painting. I do think they probably should have stuck with the 33/33/33 split of the Nova since it's win/loss but it's still workable.

You can find the 40k Scenario & Info packet here: http://gt.bugeatergames.com/40kMissions_FinalPacket.pdf

I sent in my army list last week and have been hustling to finish painting it. Here are some photos:






Some are a little blurry cause I'm not so good with the photos at home and while they are Tournament ready I don't think they're totally finished which makes me sad but for a week I'm gonna cry about it.
And here is the list:

HQ
Captain "Hammer" Arthraws (Belial)
Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

Elite
1st Company Command Squad - The Anvils (Upgraded Deathwing Squad)
4 Thunder Hammer & Storm Shields, 1 Dual Lightning Claws, Standard, Apothecary

Troop
1st Company, 2nd Squad
2 Chainfists, 2 Powerfists, 1 Power Sword, Cyclone Missile Launcher

1st Company, 3rd Squad
2 Chainfists, 2 Powerfists, 1 Power Sword, Cyclone Missile Launcher

1st Company, 4th Squad
1 Dual Lightning Claw, 4 Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher

1st Company, 5th Squad
5 Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher

1st Company, 6th Squad
5 Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher

1st Company, 7th Squad
5 Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield, Cyclone Missile Launcher

1850 on the nose. 36 Terminators w/7 Cyclones, 24 TH/SS Terminators, 6 scoring units, and 8 KP's.

I've never even put this army on table top before and only played against a Deathwing list once in a pick-up game in a local store. This is going to be an interesting weekend because of this and I fully expect to make a few mistakes. However since the army is so small and compact I shouldn't have any problems taking photos to actually do battle reports which is a plus. I admit I fell behind on doing my Railhead Rumble ones and that the lack of photos made the final games to much of a guessing game in my head so I won't be writing those. However these I will be writing if I have to tatoo "take pictures" on my arm.

Wish me luck yall!