Monday, August 8, 2011

Nova Invitational Nids - 1,500pt Upgrade

I recently (using the term loosely) ran a 1,500pt list at a RTT over in La Crosse. It was a pretty nasty list in the sense that it had 40 T6 wounds which is pretty overwhelming at that point level. It repaid me by going 3-0 and only 1 objective short of a perfect score. So if it worked then why couldn't I just upgrade it and run it at 1.75k? This accidentally loosely ties in with Dash's article from Saturday.

Here is what I came up with:

HQ:

Prime-100
Boneswords, Toxin Sacs

Elite:

2 Hive Guard-100

2 Hive Guard-100

2 Hive Guard-100

Troop:

19 Genestealers-266

10 Termagants-50

10 Termagants-50

Tervigon-195
Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs

Tervigon-195
Catalyst, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support:

Carnifex-190
2xTL-Devourer

Trygon-200

Trygon-200

The idea is pretty simple. It's got an almost overwhelming number of T6 wounds supported by moderate shooting and a major early threat. I think it suffers more than the faster variants against things like DE but it's someting I'm considering. A major worry is naturally the Trygons and whether they'll be able to pull down cover saves or not but I'm less worried about that at Nova than I have been in the past based on the quality of the terrain.

I'm not totally sold on this as a big bug list so maybe I'll play with some stuff and see if maybe losing a T6 wound or two makes the list stronger regarding shooting and immediate threats.....