Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dark Star - The List


Well now that I’m pretty darn sure I’m going to manage to get everything painted in time for Saturday it’s time I post the list I sent in for the Dark Star.

HQ

Malleus Inquisitor – 80
Terminator Armor, Psycannon

Elite

7 Purifiers – 198
2 Psycannons, 5 Halberds

Troop

10 Strikes – 250
Hammer, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

10 Strikes – 250
Hammer, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

10 Strikes – 250
Hammer, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

10 Strikes – 250
Hammer, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

10 Strikes – 250
Hammer, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

Heavy Support

Dreadknight – 160
Heavy Incinerator

Dreadknight – 160
Heavy Incinerator

Total: 1848

That’s it. 28-52 St7 Rending shots, 10 St4 shots, and 80 St5 shots per turn with 60 models on the table.No Psyfle Dreads, Henchmen, or Paladins. A foot list based around Strikes. It’s a pity that the discussion in the article on Dakka about how OP Grey Knights are didn’t get around to explaining how Strikes are one of the worst troop choices in the game before I turned in my list. Guess I’ll have to make due J

Basically the list plays similar to a slightly shorter ranged version of my Logan-wing run last year at the Nova Open. It puts out an intimidating amount of fire power, has some backstop support in the form of the Dreadknights, and is 100% mobile. I have a feeling it’s going to be a fun weekend. Keep an eye out for pictures of my army and objective markers. Friday or Saturday is when they’ll be up.