Monday, January 2, 2012

Iron Within, Iron Without

So most of us have heard that the new Chaos codex might be coming out in the next 5-6 months. For most of those that don't know in 3rd edition I was an Iron Warrior nut case. It started with the Index Astartes article in WD. The look and feel of the army made me smile. Thanks to the rumors of the codex, that damned short story in the Horus Heresy anthology book, and the fact that I sold off my previously painted Iron Warrior army a year ago or so I've decided to build a new Iron Warrior army. This one painted and modeled to my current standard.

Here are the basics of what I'm going to be using for my standard Iron Warriors. It includes all of the things I'll be using to kitbash my basic troops:


All are going to be magnetized for the arms and backpacks. I'm looking at around 50-60 basic bodies. All magnetized.

To be honest I just wanted to share something I was excited for right now with the hobby. Also I needed to get some photos of the models before I finish converting them since they'll have to be displayed next to the models at the major GT's this year to ensure judges know what went into the models J

As it stands I have no idea what I'm going to play them as until the new book comes out but that's ok since I plan on playing my necrons for the beginning of this year.

Here is a photo of one of the finished bodies. The arms and backpack are being painted currently. Came out pretty bright in the photos so the highlights don't come out for shit but you'll have to trust that they are there J

Hope you enjoyed!