Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Current 1,850 Necrons

So the holidays have mostly come and gone and I’m home and not ridiculously behind anymore so it’s time to start posting all over again J

I’m going to start with where I’m currently at with my Necrons. I think it’s a solid list though I’m sure it’s going to require a lot of playing to get the feel of as it’ll require careful movement and it’s different than most armies I play. Anywho:

HQ

Overlord-195
Command Barge, Septimal Weave, Warscythe

Overlord-195
Command Barge, Septimal Weave, Warscythe

Royal Court-160
4xCryteks, 4xDestruction, 1xSolar Pulse

Royal Court-160
4xCryteks, 4xDestruction, 1xSolar Pulse

Troop

10 Immortals-170
Tesla Carbine

9 Immortals-153
Tesla Carbine

5 Warriors-65

5 Warriors-65

5 Warriors-65

Fast Attack

5 Wraiths-175

5 Wraiths-175

Heavy Support

Annihilation Barge-90

Annihilation Barge-90

Annihilation Barge-90

Total: 1,848

I think it’s solid. The careful movement is going to be with the Command Barges. I’ll also need to perfect when maybe bailing out of one after a sweeping attack to charge another unit might be a good idea. Basically it comes down to 2 turns of night fight for my opponent while I hopefully pick off 2-3 light vehicles so my Wraiths can get up in it. Also the Night Fight will allow me to position my Barges on turn 1 for a turn 2 strike while limiting my opponents ability to focus fire on them. The small warrior squads are obviously objective grabbers but the Immortals add quite a bit of firepower against debarked units.

I think it has all the tools to compete this year and right now it’s currently my 1,850 list for the beginning part of 2012. What do y’all think?