Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So....Blood Angels?

While I wait for concrete information on the new Necrons J

As you guys know I played at the Ard Boy Finals last week and finished somewhere in the middle going 2-1. I took an all foot and mostly jumper based Blood Angels army that included Dante and the Sanguinor. That being said the events of the weekend got me thinking a wee bit about something that would be fun and that I pretty much already have painted to play given the chance. Here is the list and then we’ll talk about it a bit and my thoughts.

HQ

Sanguinor-275

Mephiston-250

Elite

Furioso w/Blood Talons-125

Furioso w/Blood Talons-125

2 Sanguinary Priest-100

Troops

5 Assault Marines-180
Lascannon/TL-Plasmagun Razorback, Meltagun, Lightning Claw

5 Assault Marines-180
Lascannon/TL-Plasmagun Razorback, Meltagun, Lightning Claw

5 Assault Marines-180
Lascannon/TL-Plasmagun Razorback, Meltagun, Lightning Claw

5 Assault Marines-180
Lascannon/TL-Plasmagun Razorback, Meltagun, Lightning Claw

Heavy Support

Stormraven-200
TL-Multi Melta, TL-Assault Cannon

Stormraven-200
TL-Multi Melta, TL-Assault Cannon

So this is my version of Hero Hammer. I’ve got the two nastiest units in the Blood Angel codex supported by Furioso Dreads and delivered in style. The troops can either pick on light vehicles to give our hero’s something to break or can move on later at speed to hold onto objectives. Sanguinor and Mephiston compliment each other pretty well which is nice too.

Overall I think it’d be a fun and nasty list. It’s not the greatest list in the world and not something I’d recommend building and tweaking to but if you have the models for other armies already it could be a fun change of pace. It’s rare to find a workable list with killer characters nowadays and this one is just a blast. What do you guys think of it? Is it something you could see running or are there major gaps that I’m missing in it’s ability? Comment away!