Monday, February 20, 2012

Indy Open Incoming!!!!


For those of you that don't know the Indy Open is a first year event taking place in Indianapolis, Indiana on March 3rd & 4th.. A quick rundown is:


We will have a 2,000 point 64-man, 6 round win/loss Grand Tournament, with Separate prizes for the best Painted army, Best General, and Renaissance Man (best combined Paint and Generalship). There is a three color minimum for this tournament.


The format will be a Win-loss style (like NOVA Open) with prizes for the top person in each of the W/L brackets (5-1, 4-2, 3-3, 2-4, 1-5) as well as other door prizes. March 3rd we will have 4 games, followed by two games on March 4th.


It's shaping up to be an excellent event. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and rolling some dice. I'm probably rolling with my foot GK's but I'll make the decision probably the day before I start my drive. Only time will tell. I'd encourage anyone who has the weekend free and can make to head out on. Even though it's a first year event I expect this event to be of a high calibre. This is mostly due to the guys running it and that they took a lot from the Nova format to get them going. Either way it's gonna be a good weekend so come on out! I'll be wearing They Shall Know Fear shirts over the weekend so I should be easy to find.