Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wargamescon: Get Your Game Face On!

Howdy howdy!

I haven't posted anything in a while; I'd be interested to know if other folks feel the same, but it is a cyclical hobby for me. Play too much and I get burned out for a while, which is where I am now.

So here I sit the day before leaving for WargamesCon, and I haven't touched my army since the last GT I went to. I can't even rightly say that I'm excited about this weekend - is that strange?

In the meantime, a fleet of new venoms are desperately hoping to be finished by tomorrow morning, and the two boxes of warriors haven't been opened. I plan on redoing my warriors since the current ones are a large part of why my paint scores continue to be mediocre.

Given the general lack of enthusiasm at the moment, I don't plan on doing battle reports this weekend - seven games, and the battle reports take longer than the games do. If I lose a game (or multiples) I may make an attempt to recreate it via vassal, but to be honest - I've done enough battle reports with my Dark Eldar that you could plug any random army in against me and expect me to do roughly the same thing, which makes writing them an exercise in small variety to a singular theme.

Wish me luck, say hello if you see me, and hopefully the cyclical hobby antipathy doesn't affect my game face.