Well with about four days left I'm going to pimp this a little bit too. This is a kickstarter project for a board game with over 50 Miniatures that Studio McVey and Rob Baxter (from PP) are putting out. It looks amazing and I figured I'd spread the word in case you missed this.
If you're not familiar with Mike McVey he used to be a big time painter at GW for years and his studio has been creating (with the help of some amazing sculptors) some truly great mini's for the last few years. You can find his blog here: http://www.studiomcvey.com/
This is also a kickstarter which, if you aren't familiar with it, is basically an crazy pre-order that nets you tons of extras. It's the only Kickstarter I've supported as Mike and his wife Ali have an excellent reputation in the community and to be honest the models are so pretty I couldn't help myself.
Kickstarter Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-wars-battle-for-alabaster
On to the Pictures!!!!
The Basic Box set comes with
- 50 highly detailed 28mm miniatures
- 50 Scenic miniature bases
- 5 double sided full colour expandable game boards
- 60 page rules and scenario book
- Vanguard and Strain stat cards
- 100+ full colour game counters
- The game when it comes out in November is going to be $90 MSRP.
- Drone Tank (50mm base)
- Male Samaritan with Laser Rifles x 12
- Female Grenadier x 2
- Male Reaver Heavy x 2
- Female Lancer special x 2
- Phase 1 - 1 Big arm x 7
- Phase 1 - 2 Claw hand x 7
- Phase 2 - 1 Stalker x 4
- Phase 2 - 2 Quasimodo x 4
- Phase 3 - 1 Scythe Witch x 2
- Phase 3 - 1 Brimstone (50 mm base) x 2
- Phase 4 Grendlr (50mm base)
- Phase 5 Cthonian (50mm base)
This is the Biohazard level. It's the Basic Game set with the extras you see. Sorry it doesn't fit as well but I wanted it to be readable.
Here is a list of extras you can purchase as long as you've pledged Quaranteen Zone (Basic box set pre-order). These will all ship next March as they have to be made.
And the latest stretch goal, which will be added to all Biohazard+ levels is this:
So check it out. I'm figuring even if the game is a bust (which I doubt based on the videos) I've got a ton of ideas for stuff I can use for 40k. Plus I ordered an extra "Calamity" crew for myself. You can order up to 3 of each extra per Biohazard which is pretty cool so you can order some stuff for friends.
Thanks for checking it out!